Last Updated: 23rd July 2019
Products – means courses provided by Just ESL Tutors.
Services – means web services provided by Just ESL Tutors.
The Website – means the website https://justesltutors.com
We/Us/Our etc – means Just ESL Tutors and any subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or assigns.
Just ESL Tutors respects everyone’s right to personal privacy.
Throughout this policy, we refer to your “personal information” which means information that identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your email address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
- What Information We Collect When You Use Our Website, Products or Services
- How We Use That Information
- How We Disclose and Share Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- The Privacy Information Choices Available To You
- How You Can Contact Us In Relation To Your Personal Information
- you use the interactive features of our website;
- you send us electronic messages such as emails, WhatsApp or Skype messages;
- we speak via the phone, Skype or WhatsApp
1. What Information Do We Collect When You Use Our Website, Products or Services?
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you submit your resume, use the interactive features of our website, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Personal information such as your name, gender, age, nationality and personal photographs;
- Contact details including your address, email address, phone number, WhatsApp No and Skype ID;
- Your referee names and their contact details;
- Your current occupation, previous work history, education qualifications and job applications;
- Other background, such as links to your personal web page, social media pages, IM username, travel history, travel plans, and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
- Information provided to us by you as a part of the process to create a personalised web page for you. This includes the documents and scanned images of education qualifications, references and photographs;
- Comments or messages left by you on our website;
- Information collected when you engage us for our Products and/or Services on our website.
Children under the age of 18 who wish to submit their personal details, a comment or idea must have their parents’ (or legal guardians’) consent to do so.
We may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the website but not the identity of those visitors.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically
When you access our website or use our Products or Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Device Information: We may collect device-specific information when you access our Website, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and information about the device’s interaction with our Website;
- Log Information: We may collect log information about how you access or use our Website, including your access dates and times, pages visited, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, documents downloaded and previous sites visited;
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Website, Products or Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
2. How Do We Use That Information?
- Operate and improve our Products or Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about Just ESL Tutors and other third parties for purposes related to our research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Products or Services;
- Personalize the Products or Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
We also use this information to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you. Just ESL Tutors will make no attempt to identify users, correlate data collected as users or identify users browsing activities.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
2.2 Transfers of Your Personal Information Abroad
3. How Do We Disclose and Share Information?
- With your consent;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. We will take all necessary steps to ensure these third parties keep your personal information private and confidential at all times;
- With automated spam detection service to check visitor comments are not spam
- With partners who run contests, special offers or other events or activities in connection with our Products or Services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
3.1 Social Media Tools
Just ESL Tutors may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Products or Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
3.2 Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services as part of our Products or Services that we feel may be of interest to viewers. These third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these third parties and how they collect, use or share information about you. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Products and Services and welcome any feedback about these third parties.
3.3 Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
4. How Do We Protect Your Information?
We take security of your data seriously and take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information, including the deletion of your uploaded documents and personal data from our website 7 days after we have completed providing you with our Products and/or Services.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. Your Privacy Information Choices
5.1 Privacy Settings
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases include, but are not limited to, where:
- you have given consent
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract of providing Products and/or Services with you
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by Just ESL Tutors, as deemed lawful under the Global Data Protection Regulation
- processing is necessary for the compliance of a legal obligation
You have many choices about your data.
- You can update and correct most of your personal data by contacting Customer Support;
- You can request a portable copy of your data by contacting Customer Support;
- You can opt-out of email marketing and push notifications;
- You can ask us to restrict or limit the processing of your data;
- You may also revoke your consent to processing and ask us to delete your data
For more infomation, see Section 6 – How You Can Contact Us In Relation To Your Personal Information
5.2 Account Information
You may update or correct information about you or deactivate your account at any time by contacting us. Even after you deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or to protect member safety. If your account is deactivated, Just ESL Tutors will provide access to the data associated with the deactivated account upon receipt of the required legal documentation.
5.3 Location Information
We may collect location information automatically, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We may also collect location information that you provide to us, including your address and current country location for the purposes of providing our Products and/or Services to you.
If you provide images to us, you should ensure that the images do not include embedded location data (EXIF GPS) as persons viewing these images can download and extract location information from them. Please refer to your camera’s user manual to find out how you can turn off the location settings on your camera.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that our Website may not function properly if your browser does not accept cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
5.5 Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Just ESL Tutors by following the instructions in those emails or you can also send us your communication preferences by contacting us. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account.
5.6 Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
5.7 How Long We Retain Your Data
We retain the personal data you provide on our website until
- 7 days after we finish providing you with our Products and/or Services, or
- you notify us that you want your details deleted.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their own personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
In some cases we may retain certain information in anonymised or aggregated form.
5.8 What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, have left comments, or have provided us personal details so that we can provide you with our Products and/or Services, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. Please allow 2 business days for us to gather the information you require.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. How You Can Contact Us In Relation To Your Personal Information